The practices described in this policy apply only to our use of information supplied by you to the Designer Consulting Co-Op (“DCC”) through the Site. Information collected from you by others, such as third party web sites that you access through links on the Site, may also be governed by those entities’ privacy policies.
The Information the DCC website Collects
• User-Provided Information: You may provide to the DCC what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your email address, zip code and phone number) when using the Site, such as when you request information.
• "Cookies" Information: When you use the Site, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. The DCC may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
• "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the Site or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address") or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or Sites that you visit just before or just after the Site, the pages you view on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
The Way the DCC Uses Information
• The DCC may use "automatically collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the DCC and third party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate Site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
• The DCC may use your email address, or other personally identifiable information to send promotional materials related to the Site we think you may be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications through links provided in the messages. If you wish to be removed from our lists please email email@example.com with “Remove from contact list” in the subject line and include your name and email address in the email. You will be removed within 10 business days
When the DCC Discloses Information
Your privacy is very important to us, and we are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personal information in a variety of circumstances.
The DCC works with third party service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to the DCC, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
The DCC may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
The DCC also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect the DCC and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the DCC, our clients, or others.
(a) You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with the DCC in which case the DCC may not be able to provide you with news, updates and helpful industry information. You may update or correct your personally identifiable information at any time by emailing HYPERLINK "mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"email@example.com with the corrected information. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
(b) To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before making corrections to your information.
Third Party Services
The Site contains links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party websites or services is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third party websites or services to which links are displayed on the Site. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
For that reason, the DCC does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Site is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Our Commitment To Data Security
(a) The DCC uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the DCC, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, the DCC makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
(b) If the DCC learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The DCC may post a notice through the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Site you consent to that transfer.
In The Event Of Merger Or Sale
In the event that all or a portion of the DCC or its assets is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Any feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other communications should be directed to the DCC customer service through email@example.com or (213) 489-1107.